Monday, July 07, 2008

John Budd Park event…


















I had a really good time on Sunday at the South Baymouth Flea & Farmers Market. There were eight or nine of us there with our displays and I think a successful day was had by all. I know I did alright and the fellow selling fruit and vegetables next to me also had a very good day.

This will be a weekly event for July and August and we’ll all be there from 11:00am to 3:00pm every Sunday. I have my Watkins wares of course and although I do not stock every one of the 350+ items that are in our main catalogue I do have 30 or 40 different goodies on hand such as spices, soups, gravies, cleaners and home remedies. Of course I try to keep the all time favorites of pepper, cinnamon, vanilla, Petro-Carbo and Medicated Ointments on hand at all times. Personally we find ourselves using more and more of the soaps and detergents every month as they work great and are plant based and environmentally friendly. I think these “green” products are very important for those of us who live so close to the many lakes and streams on the island and it’s nice not to have to worry about what our “grey water” may be doing to that family of loons near the house.

We all hope to see you there each and every Sunday throughout the summer but if you can't make it you can always order all your Watkins products directly online or send me an e-mail and we'll get back to you with details. I'd like to thank you all in advance as we're really pushing to make Manager level with Watkins this month and can't do it without your continued support. See you at the market!

No comments: