Saturday, October 30, 2004

Wikwemkong Monster?

When questioning people about Manitoulin UFO's for my other posting I did find a couple people that said there used to be a "monster" in Wikwemikong Bay. Similar to the "Loch Ness" monster in appearance it apparently has not been seen in many years and rumor has it that bad luck happens to those who have seen it.

I know that the old legend says that the beaver originated in this bay and that the species spread out all over the world from here.

How about it... have YOU or anyone you know seen anything in the Wiky Bay?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat! Haven't heard, but I was actually curious to know if anyone knows anything about haunted houses on the island. Anyone?

Murray said...

Funny you should mention hauntings at this time. My daughter is working with Wikwemikong Heritage this summer and one of her co-workers was taking photos of the old church ruins up the hill for a project they're working on. I haven't seen this myself yet but apparently in one of the photos... standing in a stone window archway... is the figure of a little girl that really wasn't there at the time. My daughter swears that this is not a fake or touch-up in any way. I'm trying to get ahold of a copy of this image and if I can I will be posting it to the blog. Interesting, eh?

Unknown said...

Freaky!! I'd like to learn more. Is there a book on the island about ghosts? Have you heard of other 'sightings'?

Anonymous said...

there are sightings.no one likes to admit it.i witnessed 2 sightings in the early 80's.all i know is that wharever it was,it had no business being there at that time of the night.no noise at all.

Anonymous said...

as for sightings,i did'nt mean ghost's.after all this time,i still wonder what the hell i saw.