Monday, April 30, 2007

Hitchin' a Ride...

I found this new blog called Manitoulin Riders by reading “Current Thoughts” the other day. It’s an idea that’s been put forth to me before in my message board but was never really picked up on. I hope it is this time…

The idea is that it is a place for people to offer or look for rides to and from Manitoulin and I think it’s a great idea. People are always looking for a ride to Sudbury or Sault Ste Marie or Toronto or who knows where. If you can help out just post your dates and times and you may just find someone to help cover the gas costs.

My problem would be offering or taking a ride with someone I don’t know. Normally I won’t pick up hitchhikers although I have been known to stop for people between Wikwemikong and Manitowaning or Little Current. I try to take a good look before stopping though and yes, I know, we’re not supposed to judge people on how they look but I’m old and I just can’t help it. If I get a funny feeling I just don’t stop, no matter how hard it’s raining.

No comments: