Sunday, September 23, 2007

Silence of the dawn...


Up at 6:00 today as I knew that power would be going off for the day. It’s a planned outage by hydroOne and it was very nice of them to let us know it was coming so I could get up early to make sure we had some morning coffee.

I’m normally up by 7:00 at the latest as I find that I’m sleeping less and less the older I get. Dawn is the best time of day anyway. The night’s coolness is still with us, the air is clear and the world is new.

Right now the geese are on the beach just starting to exchange stories of last nights dreams, the crows are talking just for the sake of making noise, there are a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers tapping the trees awake and I’m on my second cup of coffee. You can’t buy this… nothing finer… I wonder what the poor people are doing?

(The above was written at dawn this morning but is being entered into this blog late in the evening. We went and spent the day in Sudbury while the power was off all over Manitoulin. Meet you for coffee on the beach tomorrow at dawn?)

No comments: