Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's just me, I guess...


I've decided that I have a problem. I go to work on time, I stay the hours I'm expected to (and usually several more), I do the best I am able to while I'm there, and even after I do go home I think and worry about little things that happened or what I didn't get completed that day. I do this a minimum of 6 days a week.

Apparently there is something wrong with me as many of the people I work with seem to truly believe it is OK to wander in a half hour or more late, work for 10 minutes, take a half hour break, work for an hour, take an hour and a half or more for lunch and then pepper the afternoon with 6 or 7 smoke breaks in between serving the customers that pay all our salaries.

I should also mention that it is apparently perfectly all right to step on bags of potato chips and other items that have fallen on the floor. It seems that instead of picking things up it is better to just kick them aside. Hmmm... I know what I'd like to kick, and not in the side either.

If anyone out there can direct me to a physician who can cure me of my serious problem of having a conscience, loyalty with a touch of dedication thrown in I would be most grateful.

No comments: