Thursday, November 23, 2006

Time Out

So I seem to be neglecting this blog lately. I could say that we’ve been busy building up the Watkins business, the new personal Watkins site and filling orders but that’s only partially true.

The fact is I’m enjoying this break from my full time job with Northern. How does one spend time off after 230+ days on the road this year? A little cooking, a little visiting, a little computing, a little very minor carpentry, a little feeding the birds, a lot of sitting on the deck with a good cigar and some fine old port and… enjoying getting to know the family again.

By the way, when did they grow up? Was it during the Inuvik trip, the Happy Valley trip, the Qiqiqtarjuak trip or one of the other 100 or so company ‘tours’ over the years? I guess it was all of the above and also while I was losing my hair. Isn’t it strange that when I’m winding down my travels across Canada that they are getting ready to make the decisions that will take them away, out on their own to their own explorations and experiences. Oh well, that’s life I guess.

No comments: