Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day 2

May 25... Montreal to Kangiqsujuaq

Can’t say as I’m overly excited about this trip. I have nothing against this community and in fact it provides some of the best scenery in the country, has a great bunch of people and store staff. It’s just that there wasn’t enough time off between the last trip and this one. Also, the store open hours are a bit much and make my work week while here a minimum 75 hours long and over the last few years I’ve gotten lazy with only 50 to 60 hour work weeks. Oh well.


The last time I was here would have been in the early 80’s when I used to be the travelling auditor and inventory taker for the Hudson’s Bay Company. Although the town has grown the store still looks the same to me. Oh, it’s a little bit wider but it still has that “old school” grocery store look and is in drastic need of modernizing.

These photos were taken yesterday and looking at them I must admit that I really need to get a new camera. The old Polaroid I’m still using was great in it’s time but the quality just doesn’t do it for me anymore. I wish that you could see the group I’m calling “snow surfers” in the photos as it was really spectacular to see 3 or 4 of them running up and down the fjord for several hours. Looks like fun… maybe I’ll get a chance to try it!

No comments: