Sunday, July 22, 2007

Main Herd...

Actually I'm not sure it's the main herd at all and it's more likely just because I've never seen this many at one time before and I'm getting excited over an offshoot. I have no idea how many thousands have passed by already this morning but I've been watching them for about 3 hours now and there is no end to the chain of them at one end or the other. Unfortunately my camera just doesn't have the megapixels to take a proper photo and it's also raining, but if I look up the river to the right the hills are just covered with caribou moving southward. If I look left to the north and the mouth of the fjord there is still a steady line of them coming. It would be nice if they would come down from the top of the mountains to where I could get a better photo for you and maybe they will later today. I have no words to describe it right now but I feel priviledged and very lucky to be able to witness something that I have only read about before.

No comments: