Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Enroute...

What to write, what to write, what to write...

I guess I could write about how excited I am to be off on another trip... but that would be a lie. It's going to be great to be back in Salluit again with some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, the mountains, caribou and the fjord. But I have to be honest and say that I'd rather be at my Manitoulin "Haven" working around the yard and sitting on my deck.

I won't actually get to upload this until later, but at the moment of writing I'm sitting in seat 23A on a First Air 727 in Montreal waiting for the last people to board so we can get underway. (Have I ever shown you the First Air tail designs?)

It's a full flight this morning with the aircraft in full 200+/- passenger configuration. It's not usually so busy but listening to the conversations around me I get the impression that many are headed to connect with Cruise North for one of their excursions up Baffin Island. Speaking of connections I've got one to make with Air Inuit north out of Kuujjuaq and we're now 50 minutes late in leaving our gate at PET Airport. No matter I guess as the owners of First Air are also the owners of Air Inuit and one usually waits for the other. Hey, we're pushing back... I'll continue later

No comments: