Wednesday, August 08, 2007

August 5th...

We took off out of Salluit about 10 minutes ago for what is most likely the last time for me. It's been fun but the staffing problems just flat wore me down this trip. A lot of it was because of the season when everyone goes camping. More of a problem this year was that I lost three people to Montreal and one to Iqaluit. It's great that Air Inuit is offering a very attractive return seat sale for its passengers but it makes it hard to keep our part time worker students around. Some days you have to open late and/or close early as a result and that is poor customer service which can’t be helped. The store here is not overly large but there is still too much involved in the operation for just two or three people to handle.

The plan was to have ten days or so off before heading out again but they called and of course I said yes, again. It's nice to be needed but I had plans for a huge Watkins Open House to introduce the new ALL-Natural Cleaning Line and also something special to promote a really great Holiday Gift series also coming out in August. Now you will just have to wait until I get home in mid September.

The good news however is that unless something really drastic or particularly nasty pops up this is my last trip of the year. You know, sometimes I complain about the trips and the problems but how many other jobs give you up to 4 months a year off with full pay, plus bonuses, plus travel to locations that the average tourist would pay thousands of dollars to see just once. Hey, guess I've got it pretty good, huh!

No comments: