Friday, March 21, 2008

Overhead bins...

I travel a lot and in fact I’m on the road well over 200 days a year. Almost all of that travel is by air and it seems that every time I get on an aircraft more and more people are trying to cram more and more stuff into the overhead luggage compartments. Most of these compartments are made to hold nothing more than a computer briefcase and your jacket but I’ve watched while people try to stuff that briefcase, their parka, presents for their great grandkids, suitcase and even their walkers into these areas. The airlines seem unable to control these people and have tried a number different aircraft configurations to accommodate them. The CL-40-0 Skymonster could have been one of their first efforts followed by the Guppy, the Super Guppy and most recently the Airbus A300B4ST Super Transporter.

Personally I’m getting fed up with those travelers who think they have to carry most of the contents of their homes with them whenever they fly and I’m sticking with the train whenever possible. Happy trails folks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally hear ya! I feel the same way. I try to travel as lightly as possible.