Friday, August 01, 2008

July 31, 2008.

So you've heard it all from me before... last trip. I've warned you all though that if the company gets stuck and really needs someone somewhere fast they know that they can call and I'll be on the next plane out for them. The timing on this excursion however will take me right up to (and probably over) the planned and agreed upon retirement date of September 1st. We’ll see.

Today's route takes me from Wiky to Sudbury to Toronto to Winnipeg to Saskatoon. There I will overnight at one of my favorite hotels, the Saskatoon Inn. This is my preferred location in that city as it’s close to the airport with easy access to the city and Provincial highway system. I won’t tease you with stories about the dessert buffet (complete with chocolate fountain) following a great western meal, or the “Botanical” lounge where you can get a very fine single malt for a nightcap.

Sigh… it will have to be just one Lagavulin tonight though as I have a 5 hour drive north in the morning. No commercial flights to where I’m headed this time but it does have the very rare treat called a “road” to this particular Northern location. I’ll try to post again tomorrow but I’m not even sure I’ll have an internet connection for a while. If you don’t hear from me or see any updates to the Our Manitoulin web site you’ll know why. Later!

No comments: