Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Balcony....

How many of you are fans of Boston Legal as I am? My favorite part is always the scene at the end of the show where Alan and Denny enjoy a single malt and cigar while discussing the events of the episode. This appeals to me because of the sense of camaraderie and friendship that you can feel through the television screen.

I don’t take friendship lightly and while I have my own fair share of acquaintances that fall into this category I find there are only a handful that fit on a very special shortlist. It goes without saying that on the top of this list is Gloria, my wife of 31 years and 3 days now. We had some very special chemistry going from the day we first met, or at least I did, I think she needed a little more convincing! I’m sure she thought I was just another Bay clerk passing through but many months later when I was promoted to Store Manager sure enough, she followed me down the coast and has been putting up with my many idiosyncrasies ever since. THANK YOU!!!

Of the remainder of the handful there was one I thought I had lost years ago for various reasons, but it turns out that the problem was all in my head and just my imagination. I’m happy to report that the rare friendship we had has been renewed and that an exploratory (and very welcome) email a few months ago has resulted in my now playing host for the next week to a family from Ottawa. They met up with me at the Manitoulin Flea Market today and I was able to install them in a cabin at Wee Point where they will be until next Saturday. I’ll give them the deluxe tour of the island Monday or Tuesday and perhaps we’ll hit the dinner cruise on Thursday.

Anyway, here’s to the past and the future. It’s nice to reconnect again and I hope to continue this thread later on. Right now it’s time for bed… another early morning coming up at the Manitoulin Flea Market tomorrow. See you there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Annniversary to you and Gloria! :)