Sunday, March 04, 2007

Recharging

Well it’s Day 34 and only 13 left to go on this trip. I just realized this morning that even though the laptop is full of music I haven’t listened to any of it since I left Wiky. I guess that means that I just take my job too seriously and it’s taken over my world almost completely. I’m up at 6:00 a.m. just to get a little internet time and get caught up on the previous days news. It can take 45 minutes (or more) to get a dial-up connection from here and if I want to get anything done that’s when I have to start. Then I’m so beat when I get home after 8:00 p.m. I usually just grab a sandwich or something, check my email and upload web site changes. Around 9:30 it’s just about lights out time for me and I’m in bed well before 10:00 p.m., guess I’m just getting old, eh?

Anyway, the laptop is now cranking out some vintage Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk Railroad, Iron Butterfly and Doors and I can just feel my personal batteries charging up. There is an entry today on Life On Manitoulin in which someone mentions a music trivia theme and I think that’s a great idea. It might even make a great thread on the Discover Manitoulin Forum or some other blog.

So here’s my contribution and I look forward to seeing other challenges on your blog.

“She would never say where she came from… Yesterday don’t matter cause it’s gone… While the sun is bright, or in the darkest night, no one knows… She comes and then she goes…

The name of the song and any one of the many artists that did this classic if you please...

No comments: