Saturday, June 30, 2007

Cruisin'

Gloria and I try to go out for an anniversary dinner each year. This time we chose the Dinner Cruise on the Chi-Cheemaun and I wish we’d done this way before now. The food was great (prime rib & yorkshire pudding), our server (Jude) excellent, and the dessert a fantastic bread pudding with a caramel sauce. Of course the scenery was the best in the country as there’s nothing quite like watching the sun set as you sail along the shores of Canada’s 12th Wonder on a calm, clear evening.

There was a fine selection of Ontario, Australian and other world wines available to choose from although we did not try any on this occasion. (Still had to drive home, you know) The cost of the evening surprised me as well as it was only $46.00 per person including the return passage to Tobermory and the full meal. I know that a feast like this one would run at least that much in a fancy restaurant so this was quite reasonable and we’ll most likely do it again before the end of the summer.

Bottom line? I recommend that you book yourself a reservation on the Chi-Cheemaun Dinner Cruise today. It leaves South Baymouth on Thursdays at 5:50 in the evening and gets you back at around 9:45, which still gives you plenty of time for a that nightcap after you get home. See you onboard!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, Murray! I'd like to go on the Sunset Dinner Cruise too sometime. My parents went last year for my mom's birthday. They really enjoyed it. I'm going to see if Hubby will take me :)

Murray said...

I think Gloria is going to take her parents out on this for their anniversary towards the end of August. I won't be home of course but hopefully she and I can sneak another trip in some time. I don't know what they serve for Vegans but they have a Salmon Wellington I'd like to try next! Maybe if the timing is right we can make it a foursome, I don't think I've met your husband yet and he sounds like an interesting guy with all his volunteer work and other interests.