Sunday, April 13, 2008

One last time...

I can't stop watching out my window at the land passing beneath us. Although Northern would like me to stay on the relief circuit for at least a few more months, what if this is my last flight... ever. What if that ice field south of Inukjuak is the last one? What if that maze of caribou trails between Kuujjuarapik and LG-2 is my last hint of the herd? What if I never again feel the glory of rising above a cloud layer into the rays of the setting sun? I want to experience and feel it all over again and all at once.

A strange and morbid thought has just come to mind and I can't help but wonder if this is what my death bed will be like. I can almost hear myself saying... "Please, let me see it all again, just one more time."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a post! Being away and traveling by plane so often must really make a person think about these things.

I meant to tell you before that I found it so interesting how you get to travel so much for work. I always thought it was wonderful for you to see so many different places within Canada. I guess, however, that sometimes all the traveling can wear a person down after a while too.

Love your posts! Keep 'em coming!