Sunday, April 13, 2008

Withdrawal...

I was once told that I was addicted to adrenalin. This seemed ridiculous at the time but it almost seems to be true on occasions such as today. At the time of writing this note I'm sitting at the Inukjuak airport struggling to keep my eyes open.

Leaving the store about an hour ago started the process. I had checked in my suitcase late this morning and then was dropped off myself by the Meat Department Manager on his way home for lunch. As soon as he left I sat myself down in the corner to wait the arrival of the Dash-8 that will take me to Montreal and at that point the rush and energy necessary to manage a large store left me.



The only way I can describe it is a draining of power or being. Sure, the new Store Manager got here a couple days ago and I handed over the keys and safe combinations to him, but I was still there as the resident expert up until this point in time. It's hard to put into words but it's just the feeling of relief with a long, hard job being finally over.

Time to board the aircraft now and I'll probably sleep all the way to Montreal. See 'ya! ZZZZzzzz....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.