Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Miss My Pepper...

One of the things I dislike about all my travel is that I have to use whatever cooking supplies are available in the houses I stay in. That means that this morning for example I had to use pepper that was just flavorless dust when it came out of the shaker. Terrible stuff and I don't understand why this is what most people choose to use on a regular basis. Awful tasting, a pure disappointment and the ruination of my scrambled eggs. Let me send you some samples of Watkins Pepper and you’ll never touch the grocery store shelf brands again! Hey, I even know of people who carry our pepper with them and use it in restaurants so they are not forced to use what’s on the table!

Of course I can’t carry all the spices and Watkins products we regularly use at home but at least I’m going to pack some of the little pepper samples with me next time I travel. This will also include our Cinnamon as a quarter teaspoon of this brand a day will help lower your blood sugar levels by up to 30% according to a recent study in the US.

Vanilla is one other item I’d like to bring with me but that would probably be going too far. Again, once you try the Watkins Vanilla you won’t even look at the regular store brands which taste like chemicals or medicine of some kind when you compare them to ours. The "Original Double Strength” is just fantastic and I enjoy putting a few drops into water to make a great tasting and refreshing drink with a few ice cubes added in… and in a milkshake… WOW!

Want another vanilla tip? Put a few drops into a microwave safe mug and put it in your microwave on high for 30 seconds or a minute depending on your power setting. The steam put off will make the inside of your microwave come clean with just the brush of a cloth and your room will smell great!

Hmmm… This has started sounding like a sales pitch but it was only intended as a lament to having to use “store bought” brands and REALLY missing my Watkins products. Try them and you’ll know what I mean.

No comments: