Sunday, November 02, 2008

October 31, 2008…

Everyone needs a road trip now and then and yesterday was the perfect day for one. I got underway a little bit later than planned but still arrived in the general vicinity of where I wanted to be just about when I had calculated.

There was no wildlife on the road with the exception of a confused rabbit that travelled with me for a couple hundred feet. He running straight up the center double lines and me in my proper lane. Who know how long we would have continued like this had a transport truck not approached from the opposite direction. At that time he decided to get back to where he belonged and chose to leave me right beside a “Danger, Moose on Road” sign. Guess he really was confused as to who he was, or perhaps he actually had been a moose in a previous life and was just reliving his earlier days once again.

I awoke this morning looking at the lake. Not ‘my’ lake but one that I don’t even know the name of. It doesn’t matter as the rising sun was the same one as at home and there was the little red car waiting patiently for whatever adventures the day might bring. I’ve no plans and nowhere to be until tomorrow so let’s top off the tank and roll!

Stay tuned for the continuing saga of The Little Red Car and friends.

No comments: