Sunday, April 19, 2009

What's that sound?

Awoke this morning to a strange sound outside. It was sort of a combined hiss, roar, rumble, whisper and sigh... Hey! The ice is gone! It had been candled for a while and more and more cracks had appeared daily which moved back and forth depending on the breeze. Today there is a brisk wind blowing in off the water and all the ice that had been in front of our house is gone except for a few small chunks along the shoreline.

Although it's nice to hear the waves again I know I'm going to miss the morning silence while I'm out on the deck with my coffee. I enjoy it when there isn't a sound except for the birds and the trees talking to each other, perhaps a crackle as some small animal moves through the woods. For me that's the time to contemplate and ponder... think and plan... reflect and wonder. I like the morning dawn, can you tell?

No comments: