Sunday, February 25, 2007

Just Let It Simmer...

Sunday morning and the chilli’s bubblin' away. I’ve gone overboard again and made so much it will probably last me all week. That’s OK though as I leave the house early in the morning and don’t make it back until around 8:00 p.m. so after about a 12 hour work day I really don’t have time or energy to cook. Warming up leftovers is quite adequate. Warmed up chilli with some garlic toast makes a great supper.

Kidney beans, hamburger, tomatoes, green pepper, red pepper, lots of onions and whatever you want to add for spices to give it some kick. I’ve added a couple other items today and I know the corn and carrots will be OK but I’ve also included some sliced potatoes as well this time. We’ll see how it turns out.

Usually my “experiments” as Gloria calls them turn out OK but occasionally I come up with a dud that not even I can eat. Everyone else is usually very polite and say how good it is but if I don’t get the spices just right it seems like a flop to me. Oh well, we’ll keep on a cookin’ as long as people keep on eatin’ and I’ll try to post a photo of the finished product when it’s done bubblin’ away a few hours from now...


... and here it is with a little cheese and garlic bread on the side. I haven't tried it yet so I'm not too sure how the potato in the middle will be but here we go!

Hmmmm... could use more onions!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE chilli! In fact, I even had some tonight at the Tehkummah Winter Fun Day. For supper, there was a chilli or stew supper (with dinner roll, veggies, drink and dessert). The chilli was delicious.

I also tend to make more than needed when I cook. When I was single and lived on my own, I used to make huge batches and freeze them in tupperware so I could have ready made meals!