Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Joke is Still On Us...

They’re all the same. I don’t blame Mr. Ignatieff however, I blame our pro-dictator anti-citizen, anti-region political system. What’s the point in electing a local representative from your riding when that person is not allowed to help you? Why do we bother sending someone to Ottawa when they are not permitted to help the people who elected them because (good or bad) they have to follow the direct orders of the party leader?

Oh sure, your area may get a few perks thrown it’s way, but only if your MP sticks to the party line and follows the dictates of the leader. And every party is the same. I’m picking on the Liberals right now because of the budget vote yesterday and Mr. Ignatieff being generous enough to permit the members from Newfoundland to one time and one time only now vote contrary to the orders from the man himself. How gracious of him to allow the people elected by the people to actually vote the way that does a little good for their communities and not play the silly kid’s game that politics has become.

When will the country wake up and scrap the party system. It doesn’t work but the non-party system used in our northern Territories does, and quite nicely. The members we elect down here are just a waste of money and space as all the power is only in the hands of the party leaders anyway and should an MP choose to vote the way their constituents want and against the party leader’s orders well… you’re out! Let’s turn the Parliament buildings into a flea market and just rent a half dozen small offices somewhere for the party leaders to work out of. To really make sense we’ll put those offices up at Rankin Inlet in the North West Territories as that is pretty near the geographic center of our country anyway and makes a lot more sense to me.

(By the way… I’ve been a liberal supporter since the 60’s but I do believe that has finally come to an end).

3 comments:

Sous Gal said...

Hi :) I wanted to tell you that I'm honoured you've linked my blog and to say thanks :) One of my chefs here married a Manitoulin girl :) and we share tidbits and stories even though my time there was short :)

Murray said...

Thanks! I got hooked on your blog when you were up here last year, but I never did figure out where you were working out of. If you ever get back to this area let us know and we'll buy you a coffee or maybe one of the dessert specials at the Garden's Gate. My wife and I have always wanted to check it out but still haven't made it there. Maybe this summer.

Sous Gal said...

Hooked? *blush* I worked in Prov. If Garden's Gate serves Chocolate Gateaux? That's my recipe :)