Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Sudbury Saturday Night at The Slots...

So I'm sitting at the Sudbury Slots, my self imposed limit reached for another trip. Not much luck here the past couple visits but I'm still well ahead all together. I always mark down any loss to education and yes, I realize that there is no way to win long term but it kills some time, and can be entertaining in the short term.

I enjoy it here, although it's much nicer when the horses are running. It's too cold for their lungs at this time of the year but I have seen them run in a rising blizzard. Haven't ever placed a bet on the races and wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to go about it. I suppose we'll have to give it a go someday just for the experience. It’s always interesting to examine and evaluate each horse as it goes through its paces before the race. You can tell the more professional and experienced ones and know they will do well. On the other hand it’s a fairly safe guess that the ones that seem headstrong and impatient may come out quickly but soon find themselves drifting towards the back of the pack. Funny, the same thing seems to apply to humans as well but fortunately as all breeds mature they usually settle down and do much better.

We came up today to do a little shopping and pick up Andrew. He hitched a ride up with Sandra when she was in Wiky Thursday night dropping off Nicholas at his Dad's for the weekend. So now I'm sitting here in front of the big grandstand windows overlooking the track. Gloria is still in there doing well, as she always does... not sure how, but 9 times out of 10 she’ll come out ahead. Oops… here’s Sandra, time to go, chat later!

No comments: