Thursday, December 21, 2006

Out Of The Way Telephone Service

Now I have nothing against Amtelecom or Bell Canada or FirstTel or any of the other great telephone companies in the country but...

We live way on the outskirts of town and the last quote we received from one of the above mentioned companies was in the neighbourhood of $4,000.00 to run a telephone line to our house. Cell 'phones also do not work in this area but we do have TV through Bell ExpressVu and internet through Xplornet. Last year I signed up to Skype for a computer telephone service and so far it's worked out great. Occasionally the signal seems to fade a bit and the voices come out weird but on the whole there have been very few problems.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that they've got a good deal on this month and I just renewed my subscription. We're getting unlimited local and long-distance calls anywhere in Canada or the US through to the end of 2007 for only $17.50 total. Can't get a better deal than that I think... and no, I'm not getting a commission from this one!

No comments: