Monday, December 11, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away...

I’m a little bit ticked off with the weather today. It took me all of 4 hours to clear our driveway and parking area of all the snow one day last week and here it is pouring rain and melting it all down to the gravel again. Oh well, guess I needed the exercise anyway.

I’ve been threatening to get a snow blower since we moved to Manitoulin from Moosonee several years ago but have so far resisted the temptation. It would be an investment of over $1,000 for a decent one that would do the area we have and I can think of better things to do with that money. Plus… did I say I needed the exercise?

Not having this modern mechanical aid gets me out and into the fresh air for at least a few hours and other than numerous trips to fill my coffee cup is just about the only thing that moves me away from my laptop. Our telephone service is Skype over the internet and I don’t even watch TV anymore. I can get everything I need on the computer and even watched the space shuttle go up live the other night. I check out several news services hourly and have steady RSS feeds of new from the north as well as curling and of course Manitoulin news, photos and blog entry updates. So you can see that I seriously need the time away from the PC that these occasional snow dumpings give me. Besides it’s great to sit down afterwards with a fine cigar on the newly shovelled deck to feed and watch the birds for an hour or so. And, did I mention that I need the exercise anyway?

No comments: