Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Home from the hospital (garage)…

The little car is all better and home where it belongs with no damage to the transmission. What happened was that the radiator blew and when that happened anti-freeze found its way down into the transmission casing. Because I had it off the road and shut down within a couple hundred feet and in less than 30 seconds there was no serious damage. I was just lucky that I was in a place where I could do that, and I have this nasty image of how much fun it would have had I had been in the middle of the Champlain Bridge in Montreal.

Even though they say it’s OK I’m still going to take it back in a few hundred kilometers to have them flush it out again just to make sure nothing nasty shows up, but at this time everything looks good. The bottom line is a new radiator, a few seals, hoses, clamps, fluids and only a few hundred instead of a few thousand dollars. We’ll keep you posted.

No comments: